Friday, May 16, 2008

High Hopes in Velvet Ropes- The Cab

Rant Time with Amber!

Okay, so, Pretty Odd. I have no idea where to start this really. I made a post back when it came out, and now my opinion has changed.

I was listening to the old album with Danica on Wednesday, and we were singing, and dancing around as much as we possible could in our seats. And I was thinking about how AWESOME Fever is. I remember thinking they were the best thing since sliced bread in the beginning of 2005, and I remember getting mad when people started listening to them, then I remember being really happy for them. I remember buying the cd in October because I had no $$$ when it came out in September, then I remember listening to it ALL THE TIME for months. I remember never being able to see them because they only played in Orlando, and there was no way in hell my parents were taking me out of town to see a band when I was like 13/14. I remember being so upset EVERY TIME they were in FL and I was missing them.

Then Pretty Odd. ~Things have Changed~
When I put on the new one Danica was basically not interested at all, and really neither was I, my mood died. There is NO excitement in the new album. It's pretty fucking boring.

Is it a good album? YES!
Is it more than a step backwards from Fever? YES!
If this had been their first album would I love them as much? No, they'd be a mild interest, but not anything to call home about.

So THIS is what a sophmore slump is.

Growing up does not mean you don't own dictionaries or thesauruses anymore, ryanross. Motifs with suns and moons can only get you so far. The music of the 60's and 70's is just that, music from then, not desperate attempts to bring it back now. Do something different, please.

The Beatles are THE BEATLES. NO ONE WILL EVER BE THE BEATLES, EVER. Everyone turning into hippies, and being anti-war, and not shaving, and wearing stupid scarves, and wrapping those stupid headbands around your head does not bring you closer to God, make you better than me, or make you a better person in general. THIS IS NOT THE 60's. EVERYONE DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT PLEASE. I digress.

Maybe someone needs to take Panic's bus from them, take their body guard, shove them in a band with 7 other people, give them $50 dollars, and tell them to make it across the country playing shows every night, setting up their own shit, taking down their own shit, packing it into a van, and doing it all over again.

They got SO LUCKY. SO SO lucky, and I think just a little bit of that luck needs to be taken away.

Vegas Skies- The Cab

P.S. Just because you can drink legally now doesn't mean you drag a case of corona's on stage. It also doesn't mean lining up girly mixed drinks to drink all through the show. GOOD FOR YOU. Seriously, I don't care about drinking, but some of it seems a little showy.